Guide to Setup and Use WhatsApp Business on Android
Alberto M. Sato |Feb 09 |3247 views
You are using WhatsApp Messenger to communicate with your near and dear ones. In fact, you must be using the same app to get in touch with your professional contacts too. But with this extended version of the app called WhatsApp Business, you can even boost your business. There are many amazing features in the app that have been designed keeping in mind small and medium-sized companies. Some of these additional features include creating a business profile, adding an address, business description, etc. Right from geting the app to making it ready for your business, find below the entire process of setting up WhatsApp Business.
- Get the app from Google Play Store.
- Tap on ‘Agree & Continue’ once you launch the app.
- Hit the ‘Continue’ button and let the app access your contacts, media, and files.
- Tap on ‘Allow’ and enter your business phone number. Note that if you are using the same number on WhatsApp Messenger and WhatsApp Business, you will have to verify your number whenever you open any one of the apps.
- Once you enter your number, a verification code will be sent to it. Enter the number to verify the account.
- In this step, you will be asked by the app to move your messages from WhatsApp Messenger to WhatsApp Business. Note that if you don’t move your messages and skip this step, you won’t see your old messages and media from WhatsApp Messenger in your WhatsApp Business.
- This is the last step to make your WhatsApp Business app ready for your company. Enter your business details viz. business address, business category, business description, business hours, and email address. Be specific and careful while you enter these details. Once you confirm them, you cannot change them afterwards. Once confirmed, you are all set to leverage your WhatsApp Business app to get in touch with your clients and customers.
Using the WhatsApp Business App
- Open the WhatsApp Business App by tapping on its icon located on the homescreen.
- Once opened, go to the top right corner of the app and tap of the three horizontal dots. Click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Hit ‘Business Setting’ and then tap on ‘Profile.’
- Enter your business details and hit the ‘Save’ button. In case, if you have already done this before, you can skip this step and go to the next one.
- Under its business setting option, you’ll see three messaging modes.
- You can also use ‘Statistics’ option for many purposes. Find it under business setting and use it to find out messages received, messages sent, messages delivered, and messages read.